Reflexology for Carers
Having recently become a carer myself, I am only to aware of the impact that the caring role can have on your physical, psychological and emotional wellbeing, not to mention your career, finances, personal relationships and quality of life.
According to Carers UK, figures from 2016 show that people providing high levels of care are twice as likely to be permanently sick or disabled. 625,000 people suffer mental and physical ill health as a direct consequence of the stress and physical demands of caring and over 1.3 million people provide over 50 hours of care per week.
Reflexology may be one way to help mitigate the impact that the caring role has on your health and wellbeing. I offer a 10% discount for registered carers and if you are a carer or know someone who is then, please contact me to discuss how reflexology can help.
Articles of interest:
- 'Caring for loved ones is hard work - 6 ways you can fight burnout'; Abhimanyu Das at IDEAS.TED.COM (20.06.19): https://ideas.ted.com/caring-for-a-loved-one-is-hard-work-6-ways-you-can-fight-burnout/
- 'Overstretched 'sandwich carers' trying to help parents and children'; BBC News (14.01.19): https://https:/https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46866341
- Carers UK: https://https:/https://www.carersuk.org/
- Carers Trust: https://https:/https://carers.org/section/help-advice
- 'Carers quitting jobs from pressure'; BBC News (05.02.19): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-47116657