Reflexology for Reproductive Health
At Suaimhneas Reflexology we can offer specialised techniques for working with couples trying to conceive and adapting reflexology during the maternity and parenthood journey.
Reflexology may help couples by promoting blood circulation, strengthening the immune system, balancing hormone production and managing the stress and emotional impact that fertility problems can create.Ideally both the male and female partners would have treatments, particularly in unexplained sub-fertility. For those couples that have chosen to have IVF, reflexology can help to reduce stress and emotional strain as well as prepare the body physically.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
Articles of interest:
- "Reflexology support for pregnancy" Association of Reflexologists. (2012): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6nvbtguGA4
- “Is reflexology the new cure for infertility?” Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-20980/Is-reflexology-new-cure-infertility.html
- “Reflexology can it aid fertility?” Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-172952/Reflexology-aid-fertility.html
- “Woman who suffered three miscarriages became a mother of two after using reflexology”. Daily Mail. (16.06.11) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2003826/Gabby-Lamplugh-thanks-reflexology-3-miscarriages.html#ixzz3gFr91ptr
- “The mother curing infertility with foot rubs: Reflexologist has helped couples conceive 300 miracle babies with ancient Chinese massage technique”. Daily Mail. (08.02.15) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2944746/Reflexogist-helped-couples-conceive-300-miracle-babies-ancient-Chinese-massage-technique.html
- “Stress reduces conception probabilities across the fertile window: evidence in support of reflexology”. Science Direct. (June 2011). http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028210010319
- "I only wish I had tried this sooner". The Independent (15.03.2004). http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/i-only-wish-id-tried-this-sooner-64409.html
- "Helping women to have miracle babies". The Belfast Telegraph. 24.06.2008. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/helping-women-to-have-miracle-babies-28448178.html
- "Soya 'link' to male infertility". BBC News. 24.02.2004. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3513607.stm
- "Avoiding soya 'may aid fertility". BBC News. 21.06.2005. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4115506.stm
- "Reflexology: A randomised controlled trial investigating the effects on beta-endorphin, cortisol and pregnancy related stress". McCullough JEM, et al. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2018. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29705485/