There may be times when we are temporarily unable to treat a client due to some conditions and circumstances. These may include:
- Severe cellulitis, phlebitis or shingles, where it may be impossible to work the affected area
- Contagious or notifiable diseases, where there is a potential risk of infection to us and cross-infection to other clients
- If the client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- If there are imminent medical tests particularly if they are hormone related as the results may be distorted by the improvements gained from the reflexology treatment
- Thrombosis or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Despite the fact that reflexology improves circulation, it must be conducted when the clients condition is stabilised
However, it is important to highlight that reflexology can easily be adapted and applied to other areas of the body if a client has an injury or condition mentioned above. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further.